Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday, September 9 ~ Math 8

We are working to finish our Projects for this triad!  For your final task, you'll need to write a 1-2 page essay describing your paper.  Include what sorts of transformations you did (reflection, translation, etc.) and some examples as well.

We started the essay in class. Students need to describe AT LEAST the top row of transformations tonight.  We can discuss the column paragraph in class tomorrow.

Here is a basic intro to help you get started.


      I began my art project by drawing a right triangle in quadrant 2 of my graph.  For the first transformation, I reflected the triangle across the x-axis.  This created a mirror image of the original triangle.  I found the new points of the vertices of my triangle by keeping the x-value the same and changing the y-value to the opposite.  For example, the point B(-3, 1) became B'(-3, -1).  

We'll continue working on this tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment